Tuesday, December 25, 2007

uhh... merry christmas... and stuff.

Today is the first day i've been able to just lay around. i was awoken at 9 to open presents... but soon after, and a few cinnamon rolls later, i decided to take a nap. for like 3 hours. it was GLORIOUS. i was all snuggled up in the blanket Carin and Michael gave me, and i just totally crashed. Now i'm wondering where the day has gone... but alas, i do not care.

although i am a bit perturbed... by a few things.
1. Certain people in our church being ridiculous to the point that i want to slap him/her and ask him/her what their problem is exactly. i cannot expand on this without getting angry... so i won't.

2. found out today that this girl i go to church with back in New Orleans is engaged. Exciting, right? yeah, except she's 2 years younger than me, engaged to a guy that's 3 years older than me... i don't know i just think it's kind of ridiculous. Not that there's a big age gap-- i could care less about that-- i just mean that someone as young as she shouldn't be getting married. I mean, she's barely into college... what the heck.

3. I can't stand my family... i mean... Sami's become a royal witch (for lack of a better word), Lizzie's loud and obnoxious (ok, so nothing changed there), and my dad is totally self centered (again, no change...) I feel so bad for my mom. Not to say that she's the perfect wife and mother and never does anything wrong, but the truth is... i don't think she's happy with her life and that makes me sad. I wish my sisters would just listen to her and obey, and my dad would quit being a jerk (again, for lack of a better word) and actually do something good for our family. But i suppose i'm being critical.

anyway. i hate to break it to my st. louis friends, but i really just want to go back to New Orleans, because it really feels more like home than St. Louis does. I mean, i totally miss some of my St. Louis friends and my family (sometimes) when i'm in New Orleans, but being in St. Louis just doesn't even feel right anymore.

right. well. i gotta go have christmas dinner. wOOt.

No comments: