Monday, August 4, 2008

i'm moving! ...again!

Sorry i've been slow on updating on my job situation...my family just left town this morning and i haven't really had any free time until now.

First of all, I was praying a few weeks ago... ya know, asking God to reveal his will to me about my job situation, etc... and "Jeremiah 7:2" kept popping into my head, so i figured i'd look it up. i was expecting to read a verse that said something about "go! you have my blessing!" or whatever... instead, i read a call to worship. oh yeah... worship. my bad, God. i forgot.
so i spent about a half-hour in prayer, just worshiping and thanking God for all that he is, and right as i'm about to wrap it up, my phone rings. Carin (my best friend in St Louis) called me to catch up, and by the end was encouraging me to take a leap of faith-- if God's will is for me to move out and find a new job, he will honor and affirm my act of faith.
So, i talked to my boss (last week)...told him that i was looking for a new job, and explained that i felt i was missing out on community and relationships with people my age, and i wanted to be more involved on my campus-- and that just wasn't possible while working for him. I also told him that i was very appreciative of the experience and that i love my job... i just need something more compatible with college life. He was COMPLETELY understanding about the whole situation; he told me he knew it would only be a temporary thing, and that he agreed that i need to follow what i feel is right in my heart. PTL! I told him i would stay until September, so hopefully he'll find someone to replace me by then.
With that out of the way, i went to dinner that night with one of my friends, Brandy, that i hadn't seen since april or may. i caught her up to speed, including me quitting my job--in complete faith that God would provide a new place to live and a job. Then Brandy told me her and her sister were looking for a 3rd roommate in their apartment...they have an extra bedroom, and the rent would be easier on everyone if there was a 3rd person. She told me to pray about it...but i was like "uh, i'm pretty sure this is a total God thing."
I'm so excited about moving in with them. it's only about 450-500 a month (including utilities), which will be hard, but at least i'll be living a "normal" college life. So now i'm trying to find a job... if all else fails, i'm almost positive i can work at Antoine's in the French Quarter. The family i nanny for owns and runs it, and one of my friends, Casie (the boys' cousin), said she was almost positive they would hire me as a hostess. It only pays 9.50/hr, but it could work. For now i'm applying just about everywhere, though.
...the only down side: i have to down-size to a twin bed. maybe full, but that's pushing it. it's a pretty small bedroom. but... i made a twin work my first year of college, i think i can manage. just gotta get my memory-foam mattress topper from home. and hopefully i'll find a good mattress somewhat inexpensive somewhere. and some bed-side tables. and lamps. and a rug. and sheets. it'll be an investment...but i'm so excited.

umm. yeah. i went to the beach last week...but i haven't uploaded my pictures yet. they'll be up soon :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

woohoo girlie! God totally provides, doesn't He? Like when my car totally died a few weeks before project and some supporters GAVE me a sweet pimped out Jeep Grand Cherokee! You'll get a job, and it will provide.