Wednesday, August 6, 2008

oh, right...

this morning i was at the chiropractor's office, laying on the massage table, reading Battlefield of the Mind. i stumbled across a page i had folded over while i was in New York, and started to read it again. and once again, God slammed me on my ass and told me to get my priorities straight.

____________________________________________________________________
Trust God, Not Human Reason

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding." Proverbs 3:5

In other words, do not rely on reasoning. Reasoning opens the door for deception and brings much confusion. I once asked the Lord why so many people are confused and He said to me, "Tell them to stop trying to figure everything out, and they will stop being confused." I have found it to be absolutely true. Reasoning and confusion go together.

You and I can ponder a thing in our heart, we can hold it before the Lord and see if He desires to give us understanding, but the minute we start feeling confused, we have gone too far.

Reasoning is dangerous for many reasons, but one of them is this: we can reason and figure something out that seems to make sense to us. But what we have reasoned to be correct may still be incorrect.

The human mind likes logic and order and reason. It likes to deal with what it understands. Therefore, we have a tendency to put things into neat little bins in the compartments of our mind, thinking, "This must be the way it is because it fits so nicely here." We can find something our minds are comfortable with and still be totally wrong.

...I don't know about you, but I want God to reveal things to me in such a way that i KNOW in my spirit that what has been revealed to my mind is correct. I don't want to reason, to figure and to be logical, rotating my mind around and around an issue until I am worn out and confused. I want to experience the peace of mind and heart that comes from trusting in God, not in my own human insight and understanding.

...I realize now that I felt more secure if I had things figured out. I did not want any loose ends in my life. I wanted to be in control--and when I did not understand things, I felt out of control--frightened. But I was lacking something. I had no peace of mind and was physically worn out. . . Reasoning is not the normal condition in which God wants our mind to reside.
____________________________________________________________________

close book. put it down.
"shit. i forgot. i always forget. i'm sorry."

No comments: