Tuesday, January 22, 2008

from past pages of my prayer journal

dated 01/13/07
God, you are awesome. Even when it feels like everything is wrong and my world is dark and depressed, you reach through and give me strength--even if it's just enough to get through the day.
i'm tired.
i'm depressed.
i'm bored with life
and you know that.
Thank you in advance for the help you're sending my way-- and thank you for the hope and faith that gives me strength. i love you.

dated 01/16/07
Take my anxiety, my depression, my worries, my fears-- EVERYTHING. I can't handle them, but i know you can.
Take my talents, my desires, my dreams-- use them for your glory. Give my thoughts and words and art-- use it for what you want--fulfill my purpose.
Where do you want me to go? Guide me, God, i'm longing to hear your voice and feel your hand of guidance.

What do you want me to do? Speak to me--inspire me--motivate me to move with your will.

Provide only as you can-- take my mind away from worry about what i'll eat or wear or how i'll pay for school-- you take care of all of creation without a cent of payment and i know i am more precious to you than a flower or a bird. Console me: i do not fear because you are with me. Please strengthen and help me.
Help me to offer every part of my life as a sacrifice to you--not to work and exist for the purpose of others, but to do everything to bring you honor. I pray for the courage to follow through.
Grant me a serenity that only you provide. Amidst a storm within my daily life, you know the outcome. As your child EVERYTHING WORKS OUT as long as i trust and believe in you. Remove my worries and replace them with reassurance that you ARE there looking after me and working everything for the best.
You are incredible, God. Your power and glory are completely unfathomable-- even more so, your mercy and grace and patience. Thank you for listening and responding--for being a God that communicates.

i love you.

dated 02/08/07
Thank you, God for the good days.
Thank you for reminding me that even amid overwhelming problems, you grant a grounded, sustaining peace.
Thank you for giving me humbling moments-- and the attitude it takes to accept and learn from those moments.
Thank you for those "fate" moments when someone is in the right place at the right time.
Thank you for being the only original artist, and granting us, as your work, appreciation and inspiration to create. Thank your for giving me your fantastic trait of creativity.
Thank you for holding me when it seems like no one else will.
Thank you for renewing me each day-- Help me to live accordingly.
Thank you for your immense, everlasting, unconditional love.
Help me to show that love to others.

dated 05/06/07
(quote from the Barbarian Way by McManus, p 90)
"We civilize our children rather than guide them to the Barbarian Way. I am concerned that there are many who have grown up in church and have been effectively Christianized but have never genuinely met Christ.

Our goal must not be to populate the Christian religion, but to bring people into a genuine relationship with God."

dated 08/29/07

Psalm 63:6-8
"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

1 Peter 4:12- 13, 19
"Dear friend, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. ... So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good."

dated 09/16/07
Let your words flow from me
put the words in my mouth
and
the love in my heart
and
your utter glory in my life.

You continually humble me
with your abounding faithfulness
which i do not understand.

Hold me still in your arms,
remind me who i am
and to whom i belong.
Place your hand on my heart
and your life in my lungs.
i run free without fear of
tomorrow.

Love me, Jesus,
in the way only you can.
I am hurting--
but you are my healer
and friend in every season.

01/21/08
i have been inspired by my own encounters with the Lord.
Thank you, God.
Thank you for God-incidents,
for reminders,
for fulfilling your promises,
and most of all, your love.
I pray i continue to walk with you through your strength.

No comments: