Friday, February 1, 2008

i. need. a. break. NOW.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED I CANNOT EVEN SEE STRAIGHT.

Today started off ok... i got to go back to bed after i took the boys to school and slept for a couple hours before heading to class. I even finished my computer science lab super early and headed over to the UC for lunch with my friend Jessica. It was all really great until after lunch... i headed to the grocery store close to campus to get a bunch of stuff we needed at the house. Halfway thru my shopping, Bill calls me, and asks me if i can go get Will. Apparently Will had an early release day today, but did not inform me, and instead called his dad and told him I wasn't there to pick him up. Wow, that looks really good, huh? I just told him, I was sorry, that Will didn't tell me, etc... so i guess that went over fine.
But the boys have been pretty disobedient all day, the dog is annoying me, i can't go to a parade tonight with my friends because i don't have anyone to watch the kids, and to top it all off, i baked chicken for dinner-- a whole chicken with cornbread stuffing (i didn't do it myself-- i bought it like that, lol). I baked it for about an hour and a half, spent time making mashed potatoes and green beans, and then... the boys don't want what i made. I AM SO MAD. I had to practically force Mitchell to eat it, and Will won't. There's nothing more frustrating than spending time on a meal for someone, only for them to tell me it's gross and they don't like it and they don't want it. I told them too bad, so sad. Eat what i made or don't eat at all, kapische?

i need to paint. i'm gonna turn on a movie for the heathen children, lock myself in the back, and exert some internalized aggression.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wallace said...

ahh the joys of raising children! Doesn't it make you want to beg your mom's forgiveness for all the times you didn't want to eat what she cooked?? I remember going so far as to hide fish in my napkin so I didn't have to eat it! The only bright spots is knowing that some day they will most likely have a child JUST LIKE THEM!!! :-) I hope things get better/easier. Love you